Indian Army confirms 20 soldiers killed in action in the stand off

At least 20 Indian soldiers were killed during a violent clash with Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh on Monday night, the Indian Army said on Tuesday.

The Indian Army said that the Indian soldiers and Chinese troops have disengaged at the Galwan Valley, adding that the 17 soldiers who were critically injured in the clashes, have succumbed to their injuries.

Indian and Chinese troops have disengaged at Galwan area where they had earlier clashed on the night of 15-16 June. 17 Indian troops who were critically injured in the line of duty at stand-off location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain have succumbed to their injuries, taking the total that were killed in action to 20. DD News

Author profile

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

China attempted to change status quo unilaterally: MEA on Galwan face-off

Wed Jun 17 , 2020
At least 20 Indian soldiers were killed during a violent clash with Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh on Monday night, the Indian Army said on Tuesday. The Indian Army said that the Indian soldiers and Chinese troops have disengaged at the Galwan Valley, adding that the 17 […]