Alirajpur is the western most district of Madhya Pradesh. Alirajpur was formed on 17 May 2008. Total area of Alirajpur is 3182 kilometre square. It touches two states Maharashtra and Gujarat. Total tehsil in Alirajpur are 5 namely jobat, sondwa, kathiwada, Chandra Sekhar Azad Nagar and Alirajpur itself. The population of Alirajpur is 72,899,9.
Alirajpur has the lowest literacy rate in India i.e 37.22%.
The sex ratio of Alirajpur is more than males 1003 per male in 1000.
Tourism of Alirajpur:-
1. Laxmani jain temple- this temple has ancient Wall which has more than 500 wall painting determining something.
2. First tribal radia centre of world- the radio centre jointly worked on the Vanya and Adam tribal welfare department that was broadcasted programmes in bhilli dialect.
3. Pithora kala painting- These paintings were made using natural colours.
4. Noor Jahan Mango- these mangoes are grown in Alirajpur in the village kathiwada.
5. jewellery Designing- galsan mala hansli- haar are famous in Alirajpur.
6. Jobat dam- this dam is situated in Madhya Pradesh.
7. Bhagoriya hat- it is a festival of Madhya Pradesh and also celebrated in Maharashtra in tribal areas some of the district like Bhadwani, Dhar, Khargone, Jhabuaand Alirajpur.
On 30 October 2019 a new railway line was established and inaugurated between Alirajpur and Pratap Nagar.
Bhabra tehsil has been renamed as Chandra Sekhar Azad nagar in the year 2011 mp government.