Indian Railways plans to gradually restart passenger train operations from 12th May, 2020… Thereafter, Indian Railways shall start more special services on new routes,” the Railway Ministry said in a statement. “It will be mandatory for the passengers to wear face cover and undergo screening at departure and only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to board the train.”
IRCTC Special Trains Online Booking:
- Tickets bookings will be opened from 4 pm today only online on IRCTC website or through its Mobile App.
- Booking of tickets through ‘agents’, (both IRCTC and Railway) shall not be allowed and there would be no provision of tatkal and premium tatkal accommodation.
- Moreover, no current booking shall be allowed.
- No counter tickets, including platform tickets, will be up for sale at the railway stations
Guidelines for Passengers:
- It is mandatory for all passengers on these 15 pairs of special services trains to wear face cover/mask and will be mandated to undergo screening at the time of departure.
- Only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to travel on the trains.
- No concession will be allowed to passengers (Students/Sr citizens) on the special trains.
- No provision of tatkal and premium tatkal accommodation.
- No Current booking shall be allowed.
- Concessional tickets and tickets against free complimentary passes which are not reimbursable shall not be admissible in this train.
- Only point to point booking shall be allowed. No cluster/BPT bookings/bulk bookings etc shall be permitted.
- Online cancellation shall be permitted upto 24hrs before scheduled departure of train. Cancellation charge shall be 50% of fare.
- No catering charges to be included in the fare. Provision for pre paid meal booking, e-catering shall be disabled, however IRCTC shall make provision for ‘dry ready to eat’ meals and packaged drinking water on payment on board.
- other terms and conditions shall remain same as applicable for the category of train unless specified above.